Monday, September 14, 2009

Confetti Cake

So, I'm supposed to do something with this sky. You know, the sky that we all know and love, have seen our entire lives, and that we all live pretty much live under. Well, this didn't go so well. I started thinking about what I could do every time I looked at the assignment, but felt like I had writer's block all the time. I then started taking what I thought were baby steps in figuring out what I wanted. Oddly enough, I felt like giving me no limits, limited me way more than if there were rules.
I look at the sky all the time. Ever since I was younger I've been obsessed with looking at the stars, not actually learning much about them or astronomy, but just looking. So, as a test to myself I started looking at the sky during the day (not as exciting, but I did it).
While looking up I started going over a few possibilities to do with the sky, my boyfriend told me to make a project what the world would be without it. I don't think my mind functions like that because still I felt blocked.
The biggest problem with laying in the grass looking at the sky was, I didn't really think about what I was supposed to be thinking about. Every time my mind wandered to a million other things. Symbolically, I realized that the wide open sky really opened up my mind. Maybe not the way I was supposed to be thinking and open, but it opened my mind to to self-reflection that I wouldn't normally think about. I began to think of an image of myself, in the reflection of the sky, like you would see in a lake.
So, that's where I am now, an image in my head, lots of questions to answer for myself, and a slightly different perspective on looking at something that I've seen everyday of my life with not a second thought.
Mmk that's all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment