Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Soo...


Needless to say, I didn't go to class today. I really just needed a day off. And since my first class was canceled in the morning I thought today was my only chance this week to do this. Class sounds like it was interesting today though. I read some other blogs and it sounds like it was interesting.

Since I didn't go to class, I decided to share my character design through here. I'm a really big fan of rotoscoping and I would love to learn how to do it. Right now I like to do it with still images. Well, I'm also a fan of the film The Boondock Saints and when I heard that the second one is coming out soon I thought about the possibility of a female character coming into the original trio from the first film. I have the layout and character in my head so the first step for me was to just start. I began with the guns. Clearly. I can't draw so I use bezier curves and the pen tool to trace photos and then use my own color schemes and whatever else I need to make it my own. The breaking the rules part for me was for me to actually start this project. I always feel like when I get an idea that I like, I never do it because it seems like a waste of time. Now, I actually did take the extra time (even though I should've finished other work, but it's ok this time) and made the beginning of a project, that I think will be really cool when I'm done. So, yeah, that's it. :)

1 comment:

  1. hi, found your blog when looking for my name, lol. if you're intersted in make-up and stuff have a look at my blog, you might like it, its kristinabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete